Transferring a call.
You can either do a blind transfer or an attended transfer.
When you wish to transfer the call:
- Press the Transfer button. This will put the caller on Hold.
- Dial the extension number of the person you want to transfer the call to.
- Press the Transfer button again.
- Press the Transfer button, This will put the caller on Hold.
- Dial the extension you wish to transfer the call to.
- Wait for the person to pick up their extension and announce the call.
- If they wish to accept the call, push the Transfer button again to transfer the call.
- If the decline to accept the call, press the blinking line button to pick the call back up to speak to the caller and send the call to voicemail, another extension, or terminate the call.
You can transfer calls from one extension to another, but you can also transfer calls to outside numbers. Use the same method as above, except instead of dialing an extension, dial an external number.